Picture Gallery of Charity projects :
News Input by Radhika Joshi
Hello Womeniya Inner wheel Desk
In our Inner wheel Social entrepreneur series in this episode we are introducing you to a very dynamic and popular social entrepreneur of IWC who firmly believes in Social service and charity work yes we are talking about Harshita Bajoria President of Inner Wheel Club of Calcutta Metro Maidan Dist-329 stepped in with precautions to support Covid affected in this lockdown.
Brief Introduction of Inner Wheel :
International Inner Wheel is an international women’s organisation to create friendship, service, and understanding. It has clubs in over 100 countries with over 100,000 members. It is a nonprofit organization and known for its charity works. Inner wheel club has a very strong presence in India. More than 3,000 clubs are active in urban as well rural areas of India.
Mumbai: As the service providing organisation Inner Wheel stay ahead for the benefits to society similar goes to Inner Wheel Club of Calcutta Metro Maidan, Dist-329 they are putting on their reasonable to enable needy community and will proceed to do so
They have done several projects during these tough times.
Charity project details during pandemic :
This is the list of organisations they have helped so far for COVID relief:-
1. Donated 1 oxygen concentrator to ‘Let’s do our bit’. Costing 75000/-
2. Donated 2 hospital beds fully equipped. Costing 80,000/-
3. Donated to entrepreneurs of Kolkata for the project ‘ Breathe Again’ where they are increasing hospital beds all over Kolkata. They gave them 50000/-
4. To the Oxygen Parlour headed by Lions India. Where they have 25 beds. They are supporting patients’ needs for a month. Donating 60,000/-
5. 50 thermal thermometers being distributed to organisations as and when needed
6. Provided 2 BIPAP machines to Mahamaya hospital in Uttarpara municipality
7. Also we have allotted 1100 masks with their club logo
Furthermore, at one eye camp for children in Uttar Sukdevpur, 210 kids were tested and given glasses if needed. Menstrual hygiene workshop and sanitary pad distribution. Workshop on menstrual hygiene and saree distributed to sex workers in satragachhi. Wheelchairs are given to Tata medical center for patients.
Brief introduction of District 329-
The pioneer in the Eastern Indian subcontinent (erstwhile territory extended to West Bengal, North Eastern States of India, and Bangladesh). They belong to the Association of Inner Wheel Clubs in India and are an International Inner Wheel district made up of clubs in south Bengal and the Inner Wheel Club of Port Blair, Andaman in the Bay of Bengal. The total strength is 54 clubs and 1,570 members. A few of the clubs include Contai, Calcutta Junction, Calcutta Mahanagar, North Calcutta, Metro Maidan, Calcutta Mega City, Serampore, Southwest Calcutta, and many more.