IWC Chandigarh Harmony President Anita Midha with her team Secretary Indira Sen Ghose and Iso Sima Chatterjee of district 308 shared their Lockdown charity journey with Hello Womeniya News.
News Input by:- Janvi Panjwani
Anita Midha with her team Secretary Indira Sen Ghose and Iso Sima Chatterjee while elaborating the charity project conveyed that, “During the pandemic, we donated monthly ration to underprivileged families, provided free food for covid patients and those in home quarantine, provided free masks, oxymeter, PPE and sanitizers and also donated sanitizer machine.”
Chandigarh Harmony President Anita Midha with her team Secretary Indira Sen Ghose and Iso Sima Chatterjee further added ,”1. An ecobrick is a building block made entirely from unrecyclable plastic. It’s created by filling a plastic bottle with clean, dry plastic until it’s packed tightly and can be used as a building block.
2. The purpose is to reuse plastic waste which otherwise ends up in landfills and does not degrade. It can be used to line plant beds, make walls of huts and furniture too.
3. It can easily be made at home using pet bottles and plastic wrappers. They can be industrially made using fibre sheets and filling them with other plastic waste for strength and sturdiness.
4. Pros – Helps reuse plastic waste which otherwise takes many years to degrade naturally.
Cons – Traps more heat in comparison to traditional bricks and is harmful to the soil quality in the long run.
The charity Projects given below :-
1. Smartphones donation for online education
2. Monthly ration distribution
3. Computer classes
4. Cow dung machine installation
5. Stone painting workshop
6. Monthly ration along with utilities and a walking stick to handicapped woman.
7. Blood donation
8. DC visit
9. Tracksuits to IW SCHOOL OF Chandigarh Harmony students.
10. Seminar by Dr. Nisha on narcotics and drug addiction at dental College in Baddi.
11. Orphan girls care
12. Blood donation
13. Hairstyling workshop
14. Tree plantation
15. Eye surgeon appreciation for conducting free surgeries
16. Benefits of solar energy.
17. Donation of construction material.
18. Tracksuits to people in slum.
19. Water leakage repair.
20. Kidney patient monthly medication.
When Hello Womeniya Correspondent asked them what challenges did they faced they said, “The biggest challenge was that we were working remotely so could not step out of our houses. Hence, we had to manage everything from our homes.”
By addressing the people in kind words
Anita Midha with her team Secretary Indira Sen Ghose and Iso Sima Chatterjee said,” Helping others always pay back so whenever you get an opportunity to support somebody never think twice.”
Brief introduction of inner wheel club:-
International Inner Wheel Club is an international women’s organisation to create friendship, service and understanding. It has clubs in over 100 countries with over 100,000 members.IWC has very strong presence in India. It has more than 3000 thousands clubs in Urban and rural India. Since the Covid 19 Pendamic breaks out Inner wheel club launched charity campaign worldwide.
Notably, Inner wheel club is an active and vibrant organisation that aids the poor and needy people even in nature’s calamity.